Psychology service Policy Information
My policies support me to provide a good quality and effective psychology service. These policies form part of the agreement I have with clients, so it is important that you are happy with these policies if you are considering psychological therapy with me.
For general information about the psychology services, including information about session times, fees, non-attendance, privacy, confidentiality and complaints:
While most of what is discussed in sessions is confidential, there are exceptions:
- If I believe that a client will harm themselves or another person, or is experiencing a psychotic episode, I will seek assistance. I will also try to talk about this with the individual involved. Child abuse is reported.
- I comply with legal requirements, e.g., if file notes are subpoenaed.
- I will discuss cases in supervision in order to maintain a quality psychology practice, but will not disclose the client’s identification.
- In all other matters, I will seek client’s written permission prior to discussing their situation with any other person.
- Children below the age of 16 will only be seen with the written permission of at least one parent or guardian.
- For some referrals, (for example from a GP), it is a requirement of providing a service that I provide a report to the referrer. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, it is my practice to provide a copy of this report to clients. I am open to discussing the content of the report, and I will give serious consideration to requests not to disclose information.
Please note that crisis services are not provided. Please contact Suicide Line 1300 651 251 or the Mental Health CATT team 1300 874 243 if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts.
My ethical principles are based on providing effective psychological treatment for clients, and on caring for myself and my family.
I follow the ethical standards set by the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) and the Australian Psychological Society (APS). Professional Indemnity Insurance is held with IH Group.
For more information:
If you have a complaint about the service I offer, please discuss this with me. Clients are also able to contact the registration bodies above or the office of the Health Services Commissioner on 1800 136 066.